“How can we win extra business in 2017?” This query will probably be rattling across the boardrooms of promoting firms and advert businesses internationally, whilst you learn this. All through January – and past – administrators, business growth groups, and planners will put their heads collectively to consider the methods and techniques they should adapt, undertake, or prune to make the subsequent 12 months profitable. No small activity.
The business well being of each company is determined by a dependable circulation of income, and that means continually working to inventory the new business ‘pipeline’. Meet potential new shoppers, see you probably have chemistry, pitch your concepts, and (hopefully) win the business. Repeat all year long.
Arguably probably the most essential stage of the new business course of is the pitch. After intensive networking, chemistry conferences, in-depth analysis, and a number of artistic remedies, whether or not or not you win the account will finally come right down to how properly your pitch is offered.
Presenting is a delicate craft, one that balances science and artistry. However there are progressive instruments and trusted methods that can give you a leg up. In 2017, there are 5 specific trends to look at that might you offer you an edge – and allow you to clinch that all-important new business.
- Conversational Presenting. One-way presenting is lifeless. As an trade, we’re shifting into a way more digital and cellular focussed world, but we’re aware of not dropping the human contact. Because of this, it’s not solely vital that we encourage extra head to head interactions, but in addition that we interact our viewers to make assembly you price their time. A conversational strategy to content material is very useful in any respect factors within the course of. That method, belief is constructed, dialogue is real, and members are capable of arrive at an answer rapidly and naturally collectively. A rising variety of individuals are constructing one large interactive presentation utilizing instruments like Prezi Business, that allow the presenter to provide a unique model of the presentation every time, relying on the wants of the viewers. You current solely when and what’s related.
- Storytelling. Businesses are investing severe time and assets into perfecting their storytelling capabilities and shows must be no totally different. In a pitch, you can use storytelling to not solely carry your content material to life however so as to add backstory, character, and character. Simply the identical as when folks interact extra with adverts after they have an emotional connection, there may be nothing to say that presenting is any totally different. Take your viewers on an emotional journey utilizing storytelling, and use it to promote your work.
- Cinemagraphs. Video has develop into more and more outstanding in shopper shows and progressively shifting into the B2B world as properly. A hybrid between the 2, cinemagraphs, is ready to blow up in 2017, offering an immersive method for visualization and storytelling. By placing one thing within the presentation that will spike viewers’s consideration at sure factors, it is going to stop a lack of vitality after they hit the normal dipping factors. A scarcity of consideration results in an absence of pitches received, so by presenting the viewers with partaking content material, it is going to allow you to hold their consideration extra efficiently.
- Digital Actuality. VR has exploded this 12 months and can dominate much more in 2017. Incorporating VR into shows is totally potential, however bear in mind, simply because it’s a development, it doesn’t imply essentially that it is going to be totally helpful. You need to contemplate your viewers fastidiously and ensure they’ve the appropriate instruments to view your content material. Nonetheless, when executed proper, digital actuality will open up alternatives to take your viewers on a journey out of this world and supply an expertise not seen earlier than.
- Minimalist design. Retaining your viewers engaged is essential and whereas visuals are a good way to do it, a tremendous stability needs to be discovered. We’re bombarded with a lot info day by day, that it’s actually vital that we don’t flip our shows into sensory or info overload. Preserve your design easy and clear, ensuring it helps your dialog, with element solely when wanted to tell the viewers, to not act as a crutch for the speaker. Extra info on slides acts as a distraction and takes away from the content material and presentation itself. As graphic designer Nicholas Burroughs explains, “Minimalism shouldn’t be an absence of one thing. It’s merely the right quantity of one thing.”
So with the ever rising competitors, how can businesses win that pitch? As a substitute of a one-way presentation, it’s key that they’ve a dialog to maintain that engagement up and produce the content material stay by storytelling and interesting visuals, let or not it’s cinemagraphs or wowing your viewers with incorporating Digital Actuality. The purpose is to construct up belief, make certain your dialogue is real and arrive at options along with your viewers.